We are a stealth mode start-up developing an innovative solution that is transforming ways SMB engage their prospects/leads & customers by combining multiple products such as enterprise phone system, sales CRM, cloud contact center & lead management into one easy to utilize platform. We have thousands of customers in U.S with huge market growth potential into other countries and industries. DYL is also the place for talented, creative and passionate people who are excited about new technologies and being on the cutting edge of enterprise sales automation. We have a culture which values empowerment, individual and team excellence, honesty, and customer centricity.
An experienced engineering VP/Director looking to grow a successful engineering team and empowering them to ship on a highly technical enterprise product. You have a demonstrated track record of building strong engineering cultures that continuously improve. You are a dynamic leader that can foster innovation, thrive on change while remaining highly organized achieving department goals.
To be successful in this role you must be a great communicator with strong presentation/documentation skills to help other departments & non¬technical people understand the critical parts of an engineering organization. Most of all, you’re passionate about our mission and you love to participate in architecture, design & code reviews.
Responsibilities: What You Will Be Doing
- Drive the software quality roadmap and implementation of standards, methods, metrics and procedures ensuring and evaluating the quality of our software products
- Establish a solid project framework and implement best practice engineering methods
- Understand requirements and translate into a pragmatic and effective technical solution
- Maintain project and proper technical documentation controls that accurately reflect completed work against project plans, roadmaps, schedules and budgets, and ensure user/management involvement at appropriate milestones
- Make architectural decisions in collaboration with technology experts, product management, UX/UI, and system admin to deliver products, features, services, and tools.
- Provides overall people management for direct reports, including setting and monitoring of quarterly performance plans, career development; drives and fosters organization-wide performance standards, expectations, and practices to support ongoing team member and process development.
- Directly report on progress to goals, current roadblocks, time estimations and results; along with any recommendations of incremental needs in order to speed up project timelines to CEO/CTO.
- Participate in key meetings with stakeholders, co-founders & execs.
- Recruiting, hiring, managing and development of engineer team
- Finding and implementing ways to improve cost-efficiency
Qualifications and Required Experiences:
- B. S. Degree in Engineering or related discipline preferred
- 10+ years working in software development
- 5+ years building & managing engineering teams with a proven track record of growing top-notch engineering teams quickly and mentoring junior engineers and emerging leaders; demonstrating ability to build and scale large engineering teams from scratch; preferably in a high-growth start-up environment and with distributed teams
- Experience with Agile development methodologies and continuous integration/continuous deployment
- Strong knowledge and experience with engineering productivity toolchains and concepts (CI/CD, Jenkins, GitHub, Jira, Confluence, etc.)
- Experience in Agile methodologies leading teams in Agile Scrum / Kanban process Experience in the telecommunications industry/enterprise SaaS
- Experience working closely with Application and ata Engineering teams delivering metrics and KPIs
- Experience with NodeJS, React, React Native as well as Mobile platforms iOS (Objective C, Swift) and Android (Java, Kotlin)
- Experience with architectural design for performance and scalability
Skill & Technical Qualifications:
- Advanced leadership skills, including coaching, team building, conflict resolution, and management
- Organizational and strategic management skills, including strategic vision and planning development and forecasting
- Advanced relationship management skills, including partnering and consulting with executive/C-level roles for internal and external partners
- Technical proficiency in the scaling, security, integration, and performance of enterprise applications with hands-on experience in software/firmware development using C/C++, hardware/ASIC development, embedded system, and enterprise/cloud software platforms
- Ability to apply product knowledge to your test planning and acquire a deep understanding of the application UX, design details, logic, and dependencies in a fast-paced environment
- Expertise with API standards and design patterns
- Strong knowledge of design patterns and general OOP principles
- Have strong opinions for which other languages and frameworks could be in our best interest
- Up-to-date knowledge of overall Enterprise SaaS
- Competitive salary with rapid and excellent growth opportunity
- Solid medical, dental and vision plans with heavy employer contribution through Trinet.
- 401K, paid vacation, holidays, and sick days.
- Building gym access & kitchen with snacks and beverages